PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC's
Thread: ASIC's
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2006, 03:24
CAR256

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Join the thousands.

I sent off the e-mail last Thursday.
I rang on Tuesday to ask about my ASIC's progress, "no problem", the nice lady said at the other end, "I suspect they will extend the deadline anyway." "We are still doing overtime a plenty though!"
Then yesterday I recieved the reply to the e-mail, which stated that there was a problem with my application, and if I haven't yet been notified, I will shortly. While they went to the trouble to send me an e-mail telling me that, they didn't tell me what the problem was!!!
The thing is this... I sent off the application, for whatever it was I applied for, back in July last year!!! My application was put onto the pile that was to be processed last, because I already had a ******* ASIC! 4 months later, I left the job that supplied me with my ASIC, and handed it in, as it wasn't mine to own... I don't think that the announcement that ASICs would be made available to individuals yet. ( I could be wrong).
Now, soon to be looking for work again. I am faced with the issue that I may not be employable without an ASIC!
If I made a mistake on the form(S). Then I am a clutz, but surely, the amount of time I allowed them to process the forms allows me some lee-way. I was not tardy at sending off the extra form (and payment) for the ASIC. Remember, that I had handed one in one month before.
I would like to thank the lady mentioned at the beginning, as she may have pulled out my application to be processed, and thus the error was found.
I will wait and see what the problem is...