PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying In Class A Airspace
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2006, 14:02
Sky Wave

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Confused, What friend?? I was talking hypothetically for myself.

1500ft SVFR can't be done in IMC, besides even it was VMC would you not be on very dodgy ground with regard to rule 5 when flying a single?

I'm looking for an IFR solution which preferably keeps you in CAS up until the let down when you clearly have to leave CAS.

6000ft was just a figure off the top of my head and I would assume if that altitude was difficult ATC would climb or descend me, would they not?

As for briefing myself thoroughly, I've searched all the literature I cannot find anything which prohibits me from doing it, so I thought I would pose the question to ATCO's on PPruNe and see if it is possible or if I've missed a document that prohibits it.

Perhaps you can suggest other alternatives either in routing or altitudes. If you prefer it could be Stanstead rather than Stapleford in which case both departure and destination airfields are within CAS.

Thanks for your help. O and thanks for the comments regarding charging, most helpful, from what I can tell that’s the way things are going anyway.

SW