PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2006, 12:11
Gnirren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShortfinalFred,

I'm taunting nobody. I am however pointing out the fact that the aviation industryhas changed, is changing and the solution "why don't everyone just stop paying for ratings" isn't going to work simply because it's not going to happen. Do you think it's will? How many pizzed off posts on pprune will it take until self-sponsorships vanish?

My argument was that if we COULD make pilots agree on something on such a large scale, why stop at SSTR's? It's a moot point, it's like saying "well if everyone would just agree to stop paying taxes the gov would be forced to lower them" You can put 100 people in a room and it would take them a week to decide on the color of the wallpaper around them. Uniting thousands of pilots isn't exactly easy and when you factor in the possibility of losing your job, well suffice to say... good luck to you. If this is going to go away it will either take legislation or such an amazing downturn in T&C's that people considering a career in aviation will elect not to go there. Of course by then the damage is already done.

The don't pay moaning won't cut it, so other means will have to be figured out. Now I'm not a proponent of people buying their ratings, which you obviously assumed. When I see people on here crying "don't pay!" it angers me simply because the milk is spilled and you're crying over it. It's not going to happen so focus your energy on alternative solutions, like legislation. Point taken?

Yes my nick is Gnirren actually, it sais so right there