PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2006, 11:43
JQchick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBA Roadshow

Well I just got back from the EBA roadshow in Brisbane tonight. Unfortunately only 12 flighties bothered turning up, and as for the afternoon session in the crew room, even fewer. Is it that people are all talk and will do exactly what is expected of them, and vote yes, or do they not feel the need to use their time partaking in work activities outside of work hours. Only time will tell.

Word around is that Newcastle is happy, Adelaide are all too new to know better, Sydney isnt much better than SEQ and Im sure itll be all lovely up in Cairns.

Anyhow, the company was alot more aggressive than I had expected, and upon questioning from the crew they would dance about a topic until put on the spot. They definately know what they are doing, managing to avoid the point and trying to emphasising their own agenda. When put on the spot about individual contracts they said they didnt want to do it, they want us to accept the EBA, but they would never completely rule it out. They were pretty adamant that if we do say no they will not offer anything better, they will come back with the same offer again and it will just turn into a nasty back and forth. And as for the union, apparently their lawyers dont have the information I had hoped to receive tonight, nor will they until the legislation comes into effect and they can watch the effects. They are very sure about their Yes vote recommendation, mainly because of the uncertainty, and also because they dont believe we are showing a united front and the company knows it and arent afraid of what we will do.

Oh and for those of you attending future roadshows, they have a print out of this topic so dont be surprised if a post you have made is used as an example by the union reps.

Last edited by JQchick; 9th Mar 2006 at 01:56.