PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye wannabes, hello jets!
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2006, 11:20
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
Luke,
My humble apologies for not replying sooner. 2 reasons. Been flat out like a lizard drinking at work + having a heck of a time even accessing PPRuNe via the usual ADSL connection.

Well done, your perserverence had paid off. WHile I don't fly a "big" jet there's nothing like applying thrust and blasting off the runway. Esp after working so hard and trying for so long to get there. You'll love it.

I remember my first lot of circuits in Caen in March 05 in the little jet. It was so cool. It made all the pain and hassle of travelling all over Oz, working in clapped out old cessnas. Then flogging around in small turbo props on the other side of the country. Leaving Oz and going through the pain of the JAR ATPL. Battling with snow and ice on the mighty Shed. Picking myself up after the defeat at CTC. I can't remember when I started the CPL training but I got the license in 1991. As usual, straight into a recession... First ATPL in 1998, second one in 2002.... Success fought for and won is so nice.