PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - difference in IR and IMC rating
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2006, 09:51
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bpilatus

- nothing like a bit of controversy

"Which is best is another issue, perhaps we can let the reader decide as opposed to trying to persuade."

I wasnt aware that I was passing any opinion on which is best? I was simply making an observation on one very limited aspect in response to your point that there was some magic in requiring and IR pilot to renew every year. My point was it doesnt happen in the States. I am not aware of any evidence that by renewing an IR every year the pilot is "safer" - are you, or is this another personal opinion?

I am also struggling to see what other personal opinions I have given - although of course thats part of what PPRuNe is about anyway. I read the US and UK AAIB reports every month, I also follow the stats published in American Flying and other sources. My perception is as I set out in my post - a personal opinion, well maybe, because I have not referred to a statistical study, but the reports are there for all to read. If you have reached a different conclusion maybe you would like to share that.