PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP!! USA or SAA for ATPL
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2006, 09:04
Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with magnus that the first 1500 hours are the most difficult to get. But check out every school first before deciding... I myself study in gothemburg at SPU and I find that school to be great! They have very experienced teatchers many of the captains flying at City Airline, MyTravel, FlyMe etc. This is a great help in getting advice for your future career.

I'd reccomend a modular training because of your ability to get licenses right away after you've completed that module.

Also be very much aware of the legal stuff, and prices. If you fly in the US the fuel prices are much lower and if the school charges the same amount per hour as in Sweden they are trying to rip you off...

I'd suggest you to take your PPL at a local flight school, that's the cheapest and probably the fastet way to get it and then move on to ATPL theory at another school and then take the modules IR/ME and finaly CPL...

I have 2 friends who train in south africa and they both have to retake their training when returning to Europe because of south african licenses only apply in africa they are called CAA licenses, in Europe we use JAA regulated under JAR (joint aviation regulations). In the united states they are regulated under FAR and use FAA liceses...

Good Luck and Best Regards
Tim

If you need any more advice or help feel free to e-mail me or send me a pm...