PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did an A340 Very Recently Land on a taxiway in Sao Paulo?
Old 7th Mar 2006, 20:28
FJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnbr
Well...Although I'm on my annual 30 days leave,I'm located in Rio,very close to Sao paulo,and in contact with a few coleagues I've heard nothing of this rumor,and if you know SBGR you would say it isn't very likely...Both taxiways that run parallel to the runways are too narrow and too bumpy for an A340 to land and without being subjected to some damage...I'm pretty confident I would've heard something..
It has hapeened!!
We professionals should not gossip! It is very much important to try to find out , WHY DID it Hapen than Think that will never hapen to us or to YOU! This remark is not meant to anyone in Particular but by some guys age ...you will need a lot of time to retire!
Please do not read this as agnaisnt you or anyone!
As aprofessional I will take a stand in favour of that Crew of the TAP 340 despite no particular simpathy for many arrogant of their attitudes!
Please note there are bad and good everywhere and that is a fact! Even in TAP. By the away many good professionals, and I just mean that.
I am two years from retirement so no need to ass kissing or to intend to join them just facts.
Aviation is serious and not destructive talking.
It hapen yes fact! WHY.I bet INAC will never Finish a serious enquire or at the end will have a sposkman for bla bla like in SATA's Accident whrere Captain Mesquita and all the others have died. What was the result? nothing all operation continues just as the same!
So be factual and find out and push to find out in reality Things like:
PSV Fduty period
Crew pressure
ATC """ ARREMETER" ?! equal to Go arround etc overshoot!? Where they ware of that?
Situation Wareness?
Complacency?
Cockpit CM1/CM2 level of authorithy or just CM2 accpetance?
Knowing TAP standards however those may not be the primary factors ... but just a bad day those guys may want to wish that what hapen did not hapen to them!
REgards.
FJP