PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Put the price up if its for pilots !
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 19:21
Pull Back

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put the price up if its for pilots !

In my heart of hearts I always knew that anything to do with aviation probably attracted a premium, however I have never had it put so blatently in my face as today.

In the post I received the latest catalogue from a well know uk pilot shop, great I thought, a chance to dribble over the latest gadgets that I cannot really justify, but hey we have to dream whilst the weather is too poor to fly don't we.

In the same package came a catologue for the newly launched marine division of the same company. Now I have never really been into things that go on water, but was interested to see what they had to offer. It was then that I noticed what seemed to be a couple of almost identical items in both catalogues, not that surpising I admit, but then I compared the prices;

Aircrew Life Jacket - £79.95
Marine Version - £44.95

Bike in a bag (aviation one) £239.95
Yachtmans Folding Bike £149.99

Ok the aviation version of the bike is not completely identical as it shows it as being 300g heavier, maybe it comes with built in gps for the extra £90 !?!
Sorry, had to get it off my chest and my wife went into glazed over not listening mode as soon as I mentioned flying .

Has anyone come across any other items that carry a heavy premium just because they are aviation related??

Or I guess a more useful question;

What items have you guys and girls found out there that are identical to aviation versions but are cheaper from other sources?

Cheers
Pull Back

I'll get off of my soapbox now!!