PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 16:16
Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by On speed on profile
ryanride, I am not out after any credit but thanks for giving it! As for your your hypothetical question. I would sympathise with either boy or girl in that situation. The truth is, they probably shouldnt have got themselves into that situation in the first place and spent the money they did have wisely and not put themselves in the situation where they had to sell their soul to the devil (read: unneccessarily expensive FTO's, LO-CO airlines and TR providers). When they made the decision to get themselves into so much debt that they couldnt afford repayments on a GA job or any other jobs salary, they gave the go ahead to the airlines to say "how badly do you want this job, what will you do to get it" and subsequently, we are watching terms and conditions in all airlines fall rapidly. That boy or girl will never get paid what they are worth as long as they have their soul subject to a mortgage! I hope that hypothetical boy or girl gets a break soon!
I dont know of any other way to get an ATPL/CPL than to go to a training organisation and they all charge at least 50'000 euro's for all the training up to ATPL with 250 hours and commercial certificate. What other way is there?