PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway incursion incident at CDG 10/01/06?
Old 7th Mar 2006, 15:18
FJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Grandpa
Risk factors are well known:

Huge trafic leading to saturation of Airports (departure, arrival, taxi).
ATC workload..........

You meet it in many places in the world and not only CDG.

Runway incursion at LAX are also frequent.

I have evidence of ATC mistakes in JFK, where dual language wasn't a factor, and still aircrafts were cleared at same time to land/take off/cross the active runway.

The way people here turn it to focus only on French language use in RT is appalling, it seems they fancy all problems would be solved if only these bloody Frenchmen would leave their mother language in the dustbin and speak English, the one and only aviation language.

Then French speakers stand up and instead of a discussion about safety we have a chauvinistic exchange which leads nowhere.

I found very interesting to read the Canadian post which depicted the economic importance of language in Quebec: priority seems to be given to pilots fluent in French to be hired in the Belle Province airlines.

Seems you hit it: the very same people who argue for generalisation of English in non-English speaking territory, would next complain about bad English speakers - sorry I did it myself when flying in USA! - .

Why don't we adress first to risk's factors and struggle against airports saturation or ATC workload...........not to speak about pilots hours of flight and sector's numbers.
Hei Grandpa, Congratulations,

Pilots Flying hours in our days, The joke of regulations of, - THE AVOIDANCE OF FATIGUE IN AIR CREWS-, Finnally I heard someone With same concern also.
Where can we Discuss this?
Risk factors, so many... Good job! Who cares not certaainnly the legislators whom it looks they see nothing!!!
I did like your comment.
PS To come back to this forum topic, English is my bet. I also take this opportunity to salute mr ATC watcher your comments when integrated and revised, UPDATED are great! Good Joob!
We pilots should visit more often your room and consoles as you controllers shoud once in awhile fly with us to make a better team You and Us.
Regards to ALL.