PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 15:18
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You had the choice...

Founder, I appreciate your comments but the work is there if you are prepared to look for it. I am not saying you arent. From your tone you may be one of the ones who is. The majority of people arre not prepared to look for the work (by buying a type rating) and therefore have few options left. Probably because they didnt do their homework properly, spent too much on training in the first place and realised that this industry is tough. It is however not as tough as you or others make it out to be!

EC, Some good points.

Jet2, My point has been missed completely. I am not saying that a certain route is better or worse in terms of ability to do a job. My ability may be just as good as the crackshot 200 hour pilot, then again, it may not, that is not the argument!

The integrated subject you bring up is also a completely different subject!
I will not debate the benefits of either course. The debate here started with the topic, time to stop paying for type ratings. A pilots choice to graduate from an integrated course with £60,000+ debts is his/her own choice.

A pilot has the choice, spend £30,000 on a modular course. Do a few years hard flying. Earn a respectable living and then move into the airlines with a salary and benefits package unrivaled in most sectors

OR....

Listen to an Integrated courses 'spiel'. Spend £60,000. Leave themselves no options, be forced to do a type rating as no one will take them on and then work for next to nothing because they are so desperate to get flying and earning something just so their house DOESNT get taken and they DONT go bankrupt. Meanwhile, not realising that when they take the job for minimal pay (after agreeing to take on more debit to be able to line train) they are making things worse for their colleagues. And then when they have paid off their £60,000 debt and finally a house, they realise they have no pension! Guess what. They got shafted and while they did that, so did their colleauges who didnt make dumb decisions! Why should I get penalised!

ACP,

I have just told Founder how to 'do it' without getting a type rating and without sh ting on both his own and all his colleagues door. His "right vision" as you put it is going to cost himself, you, me and everyone else very dearly my friend! Your attack on my character is completely unwarranted. I have not heard a solid argument for your 'teams' defence!

ACP (and every other person thinking of self funding a TR) I challenge you to this...

Have you looked at the ppjn website under 'small operators'. Thats where I got my first job. I guess by the tone of your post that you are in the "I will happily buy a type rating and help to lower both myself and my colleagues T's and C's" camp and therefore, probably havent. If you couldnt find a job in those pages, ask your self why not! The answer is not because they arent there. They are and with the growing industry there are even more for you to jump into!