PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 14:45
Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by On speed on profile
Founder, You just dont get it do you!

If you dont work hard to get a job, you are lazy.

I didnt claim that:

In case you didnt read my last post. I went from SEP to MEP to an offer of a jet job with 0 JET HOURS EXPERIENCE & 0 TURBO EXPERIENCE! And I havent reached 1500 hours yet so I dont know where you get your information from. Easy and Ryan have both turned me down due to "lack of hours" but that is because I wont pay for their Type Rating or the ludicrous amounts of money for them to take my application seriously! People like you will and until you dont, I wont have a chance! Easy and Ryanair arent the only options out there though. You obviously think they probably are and you are so blind that you cant see what I am saying....

Start at the bottom. SEP, Bigger SEP, MEP VFR, MEP IFR, TURBO IFR, JET IFR. SIMPLE

IT TAKES HARD WORK and is a proven formula, Read Luke Sky Toddlers thread in wannabees! http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214174. Sometimes you get lucky and jump a step, sometimes you have to do it the hard way but if you dont do it the hard way, you wreck it for everyone!!!! If you want to get into a Beech King Air, then do what I did. It is completely wrong to suggest that you need 500 hours on type to get a B200 job! If you fly a light twin for 500-1000 hours then it is a natural progression onto an aircraft that size! Guess what, a jet is a natural progression from that!!!!!
You did and didn't answer my question at the same time, you just stated the obvious which everyone knows. The natural progression of SEP-MEP-TP-JET is dead, why?, because there aren't almost anyone flying MEP anymore. Why is that? because they are very expensive to fly and doesn't take a lot of load, they are slow and to add to that their performance is questionable when it comes to emergencies...

Can you tell me how many companies fly MEP aircrafts today? I bet there aren't a lot of them... and if there are, most of them are probably thinking about changing them to TP's since most larger airports doesn't even provide 100LL anymore...

In Sweden all MEP aircraft companies are dead or dying, the only one's who fly MEP's today are flightschools and pilots who own them and use them for personal flights...

Look at all ad's where companies are looking for pilots, it never sais that you need 1500 hours MEP, sometimes it sais that you need 2000 hours of total time. But it almost always sais that you need at least 500 hours on the type. This means that if the company is flying a B200 for example you need to have a type-rating and at least 500 hours on that machine to be able to get a job.

Look at a company called dragonfly for example "http://www.dragonflyac.com/" they had an ad in flight international a couple of months ago where it states that they are looking for pilots, they required at least that you funded your own type-rating in order to fly with them.

Subscribe to flight internationals job newsletters, you'll get at least 5-10 per week with lots of pilot jobs, and a couple of them are Turbo-Propp based jobs, but all have one thing in common, at least 500 hours on type and/or that you have a type-rating on the aircraft that you're going to fly if you get the job.

"If you dont work hard to get a job, you are lazy." Everyone knows this. But the market is rough my friend and there isn't a lot of opitions for a new pilot to get ahead with his career.

Like I said in my first post, I would love to get a type-rating for free, but there isn't any way to get it today...

I regret that the market is the way it is. I would love to build my career the way you are doing it, but the fact is that you are one of the lucky few who get to do it that way...

I'd like to wish you good luck on finding your dream job... I do hope you get it without having to pay for a TR.

Best Regards
/Tim