PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway incursion incident at CDG 10/01/06?
Old 7th Mar 2006, 14:38
FJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by MungoP
"Dual language never killed anyone so far..."

Did someone really say that ? Whoever it was probably resembles a 6ft tall bird with its head firmly buries in the ground...the use of poor English has very definately killed many people and only the French would try to oil their way out of any responsibility for the CDG Streamline collision by stating that the Streamline crew might not have heard the take-off instruction to the other aircraft even if given in English...pathetic comment... I know without any doubt whatsoever that I'm alive today along with probably 100 other people for no better reason than a cloud was no bigger than it was.... had we not popped out of it when we did we would not have missed colliding with another aircraft that had mistakenly been given an approach clearance...in Spanish.
Is that acceptable to you 'dual' language supporters ?....
It's certainly not to me.
I'm impressed with so many professional opinions. I believe we all aggree but in CRM terms and Situational Wareness, just very few make the point quite clear. We are professionals of the sky: we pilots, controllers, and the others: We ALL, but ALL, should be a Team for a better and safer sky. Better Safe than sorry.... Quoting with my deepest respect FSF.
Let us all, identify the problem listenning to all parties and understand eachother: We may want to say just the same!!! Keep focus, In my my environment, read, arround me 25nm lateral, 10000 ft above or below, same quandrant, I would like to know who's arround - Passive Monitoring- (Remenber very old days of ... Copy trafic information?,-?, )This would, reduce my stress, my fatigue, -Increasing my Wareness- and be nicelly achieved using only one language! And upon deciding which one stick to Doc, 4444 and standard praseologhy! do not invent and do not be shy to ask your other pilot, " What did he say" just before you press the mike .... for... say again congesting the frequency and extend non relevant talking, as we hear all the time.... eg Thank you Mum ... Bye Mum etc thank you sir etc etc. be standard, polite and down to business.
In the time frame deciding which lunguage etc Please use english as in my opinion it will enhance safety.
I'm from Portugal working in Spain and speaking french ,but only at leisure times will use other languages. To add or subtract FRACTIONs all must have same denominator so ENGLISH for time beeing is the best choice.,...just to avoid misunderstandings....
So, be clear - brief your crew- and learn with others and your onwn experiences. Exercise DISCIPLINE!
Pilots controllers two way comm I fully support and Request English no doubt. Full stop.
PS: Respectfully, would friendly accept arguments from professional controllers!
All the best Merci, Thanks, Sallamat, Jingueia, Obrigado, Kopunkap, Dankenwell, Afarostopli, Gracias, Graziemile, Shucran, to you all, keep, it up.
FJP