PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 14:34
Jet2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OSOP

Let me ask you a question.

You leave an integrated ATPL course with debts of 60k+ and you have been unable to secure any job flying for 3 months since you left. You then get offered a jet job with the terms that you must finance the TR and it is paid back to you over the first 3 years of employment. The bank is willing to loan you the money. If you don't take this there is a very real risk that if you are lucky you will lose your house. If you are unlucky you will declare bankruptcy. Now you talk about having a spine ...... what do you do??? Please make your answer believable. (ps - I am far from a poor soul crying actually .... money is a poor second to happiness.... see )

My point is not to say you're wrong. It is not to say that anyone that pays for a TR is right. My point is that there is quite simply no choice if that person has an ounce of sense, and it is unfair to place all the blame here. It is also very sad that you refer to us as "hated", "make you sick" etc. You seem to have 2 arguments with paying for TR's and also lack of towing gliders etc. I have 12 years in this industry and just because I haven't flown tail draggers etc doesn't necessarily make me any less capable if doing my job. Is a cadet at BA or bmi in the same bracket because of their lack of "doing it the hard way"? It's like saying Wayne Rooney should have turned down Man Utd and waited for Aldershot to make their approach (no offence to Aldershot supporters!!). Yes in the perfect world he should but we live in a world of opportunity ... FACT!

As I have stated in an earlier post, I feel that paying for a TR is something that a governing body or organisation like BALPA or IALPA should be addressing, not financially crippled graduates cos no one will listen. I note that you have started a seperate thread saying exactly that ...... At the risk of upsetting your gut further I daren't say you are agreeing with me

I know you won't suddenly agree and I won't be argueing with you but reality isn't necessarily what we would wish it to be. As regards to bonding, it is fact that they are not legally binding.

Now ... i'm off to take cover