PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skills test....
Thread: Skills test....
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 14:23
Ian_Wannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks swinging Monkey!

Yeah I think the two most important bits of advice that helped were relax.... and deffo don't dwell on mistakes.

I managed to bugger up my VOR position fixing funnily enough. Every other time its been a doddle as its very easy to do, but (I'll put it down to nerves) my brain went to mush and by the time I drew my second line I was well away from the point I had fixed

At this point I thought that i'd messed it up entirely because I was so far off track however, the pprune voices in my head told me not to dwell and the examiner actually stated "because you asked to do it again and you didnt dwell on the situation you proved that you could actually do it properly".

So a sound bit of advice worthy of consideration

What else... nerves... its easy to say 'Relax' but I actually felt physically ill during my planning!

It ended up being quite enjoyable during the handling section, so another good bit of advice is just enjoy being up there - afterall we pay enough for the experience

Anyhow I've turned in to an excitable rambling mess as its still not sunk in properly! But thanks again.....

What would you guys recommend from here? A few nav trips to the local area and consider a night rating? IMC rating?? (new job stacking food somewhere.... )