PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 14:09
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Founder, You just dont get it do you!

If you dont work hard to get a job, you are lazy. Buying a type rating is short cutting all the hard working pilots out there ie. it is the lazy route and it undercuts everyone!

I didnt claim that:

And I dont think my friend is lazy and you are a fool to call him that. He is now a F/O at RyanAir and he is also a damn good pilot
I said a SEP instructor with 3000-4000 hours needs to ask the question why they have that much time and no airline job! It is probably their ability or the (sometimes deserved, somtimes not) reputation of an SEP instructor. This is not restricted to SEP instructors though. Some are good and some SEP are also crap!!

If your friend had got a light twin job at 1000 hours, light turbo job at 1500 and then flown in that role getting multi crew turbo time, he would be knocking on loads of doors without any hours and probably have a very good chance! From the sounds of it, he bought his chance and took the lazy mans option which UNDERCUTS OUR ENTIRE PROFESSION!! If he is as good as he claims, then his flying would have shown that. I have know idea as to why he had to do 3000 hours instructing before buying a type rating. Did he not want to fly a light twin or turbo? If he didnt, then in my opinion that is lazy!

In case you didnt read my last post. I went from SEP to MEP to an offer of a jet job with 0 JET HOURS EXPERIENCE & 0 TURBO EXPERIENCE! And I havent reached 1500 hours yet so I dont know where you get your information from. Easy and Ryan have both turned me down due to "lack of hours" but that is because I wont pay for their Type Rating or the ludicrous amounts of money for them to take my application seriously! People like you will and until you dont, I wont have a chance! Easy and Ryanair arent the only options out there though. You obviously think they probably are and you are so blind that you cant see what I am saying....

Start at the bottom. SEP, Bigger SEP, MEP VFR, MEP IFR, TURBO IFR, JET IFR. SIMPLE

IT TAKES HARD WORK and is a proven formula, Read Luke Sky Toddlers thread in wannabees! http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214174. Sometimes you get lucky and jump a step, sometimes you have to do it the hard way but if you dont do it the hard way, you wreck it for everyone!!!! If you want to get into a Beech King Air, then do what I did. It is completely wrong to suggest that you need 500 hours on type to get a B200 job! If you fly a light twin for 500-1000 hours then it is a natural progression onto an aircraft that size! Guess what, a jet is a natural progression from that!!!!!

Until you come up with a solid argument for buying a type rating, other than 'I can not be bothered to get good quality hours so I will just buy a type rating' which is what your argument is, you will continue to get slated by all the hard working pilots here!

Stop whinging, start working hard!