PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 13:40
Hampshire Hog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats

Well done Mazzy! I don't much fancy the sound of your examiner - what a prankster!

I haven't had time to post here for ages - things have just gone mad at home and work, with just enough time for some flying as well. I did my first dual cross country the other week, in murky, wet, conditions: Wycombe Air Park to Newport Pagnell (which for me brings back memories of Frank Spencer and the flying lesson!). I was also amazed to find that this dead reconing stuff actually works - won't stop me buying a GPS for backup when I pass!

Waiting to do cross-country 2, from WAP to Bournemouth and Blackbushe, but the weather doesn't look like it's going to oblige this week. I understand where Ch. Flag is coming from. Looking forward to the solo cross countries as well and I'm determined to finish in the next couple of months.

In the meantime, I got on and passed the rest of my exams (save for air law which I have to retake because I've taken too long to do the others! Plan to do that on Thursday if I can't fly.)

HH