PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 12:30
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GGV, Sorry about that mate. My fingers were 'fasting tpyer than my brain'.
Humble apologies go out to you! I have edited the offending sentence!

Founder,

Where do I start.... For a start, have some self respect and the presence of mind to say, I am going to work hard to do a job I love!

Then, I think all I have to say is this......

3-4000 hours flying SEP as instructors and even they have to fund their own type-rating.
Any instructor with 3000-4000 hours needs to ask themselves the question... Why are they a SEP instructor with 3000-4000 hours? Are they in it for the career or are they not actually good enough to move up the ladder?

The reason why a SEP instructor is having to consider buying a TR....

Cos the little baby wanabee who is too lazy to do some real flying first is "bending over already" or they just arent good enough to cut it! FACT!

Here is something for you... all my old SEP instructor friends have jobs because they were good and they are all bonded but NONE OF THEM HAD TO PAY FOR A TYPE RATING!!

Ability goes a long way my friend!!!

My old CP said he wouldnt touch SEP instructors (and some MEP instructors). Reason: (And I quote) "They havent flown an aircraft for 3000-4000 hours, just watched someone else" and in his experience, "they normally always fail a flight ability assessment."

As for your biz jet buddy, the reason he is having to fork out for a type rating is because the little baby wanabee who is too lazy to do some real flying first or the SEP instructor who is not good enough, is "bending over already".

Founder, you can criticise all my "unprofessional talk" but how about you stop and consider the unprofessionalism that is being exhibited by all the wannabees and experienced pilots (SEP instuctors with 3000-4000 hours) who dont have the necessary skill level to get to the top without buying their own type rating. They are jumping the que of people who deserve the job and have the ability and the most experience. This gives companies a chance to lower the entry level pay (and eventually the whole comapny T&C's) to "however far one can bend"

There is no need or excuse for buying a type rating. A company bond for an adequately qualified and experienced pilot is the only acceptable way of recruiting a pilot. You can not expect a company to have to foot the bill of a pilots training only for him to leave 3 months later. Neither should a company expect a pilot to sell himself short.

You have asked what should a wanabee do.....

Here it is. Work hard, do you homework and dont be lazy. Get some real HANDS on flying, and then move up the ladder when it is your turn.

Tow gliders, teach aerobatics, become an instructor (but maintain your stick and rudder skills) or fly jump planes. GET AND KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE CONTROLS. If you are smart enough and motivated enough, you will be to work it out.

Founder, you know nothing of the situation today, neither do your colleauges who buy TYPE RATINGS. The situation is this....

IF THEY BUY A TYPE RATING, IT IS AN INDERECT WAY OF SAYING TO THE COMPANY, I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR A JOB AND THEREFORE EXPECT TO GET PAID NOTHING.
GETTING PAID NOTHING MEANS THIS: NO LIFE, NO HOUSE, PROBABLY NO WIFE, NO LIFE, NO PENSION and lastly NO FUN OR QUALITY OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Founder, stop whingeing and open your eyes to the reality!!

Last edited by On speed on profile; 7th Mar 2006 at 12:50.