PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 12:25
Reverand Lovejoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Birdseye!!

Well done Birdseye,

Can you give advice on the stage 3 questions as there seems to be alot of change in the last few months. Was it 2 group discussions and an interview? Were the interview questions based on technical aspects of flight or economic? I ask this because my friend did the same recently and he claimed they asked him what the 5 step process would be in setting up a new airline?! If this is the case I'm done for!!

Before anyone starts having a go I'm not interested in specific questions just whether or not they are tech or economic based.

With respect to the stage 4 assesment are you in the 73- or the king air? Either way there is an average of about 85% pass rate at this stage and the guys are only looking for an improvement in your ability to fly the afoermentioned aircraft. If all else fails, enjoy the sim time as it's probaly the last time you'll see the left hand seat of a King air or the 73- for some time. (please don't read that as an insult!!)

Oh yeah - to answer your question, I wouldn't bother shelling out for sim time as it's the improvement and learning capability these guys are looking for! If you go in and ace the first try you'll only set yourself up to fail the second (comparison) flight. With this being said and done it's not worth flunking the first to get a good second. Are u lost yet?!?! Primary piece of advice is to do your best at whatever is thrown at you in the sim. Don't plan for it and just deal with it at the time the best you know how. This is what will give you the best chance at passing. Please note I am only at stage 3 - but this is how I would deal with this matter.

The very best of luck!!!

The Reverand