PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 11:51
Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know pilots who has 3-4000 hours flying SEP as instructors and even they have to fund their own type-rating. So all the talk about working your way up the ladder is just talk from poeple who know nothing about the situation of new pilots today.

If I were to go to an airline and tell them that they would have to pay for my TR I would have been kicked out of the room. This is the truth about the market today. So what am I to do? Work as an instructor earning 900 euros per month if the weather is good that is, for 5-6 years, getting my self perhaps 2000 hours in that time and still no one is interested in paying for my TR. By that time I would be 30 years old and still out of a real job. That would make me shamed of myself.

I even know pilots who have about 1000 hours flying businessjets as well as at least another 1000 hours flying SEP even they have to fund their own TR.

So all this talk about "how far I would be bending over for a job" is very unprofessional talk from people who's educational level in language is compared to someone from first grade. Only small children talk the way you do. So act like the professionals you are!

Sure I would love to get my Type-rating for free and start flying a B200 for example or anything else with a multi-crew. But the facts are these:

1. There are a lot of new pilots
2. There are those how have money and those who do not
3. The airlines will NOT pay for a type-rating unless you have about 2000 hours in a multi-eninge jet.
4. The airlines are flooded with applications from pilots who are up to their ears in debt and need money fast in order to survive.
5. A complete pilot's education from PPL - ATPL/CPL costs at least 60'000 euro and that does not include the cost of living during the time you study.
6. Pilot schools are giving fresh pilots false hopes about the market in order to get them to spend those 60'000 E at training for a job they might not get.
7. There aren't a lot of companies out there who are flying ME TP aircraft or even MEP aircraft.
8. Those who are flying ME TP's have the same requirements as airlines flying ME Jet...

Sure I agree with all who are saying that people who fund their own TR are underminig the industry but what options do they have?

I havn't seen a single example of how one is to "work my way up the ladder" in this thread. Most is just BS from people who are angry and they have a right to be.

But for gods sake put yourself in our position. What are we to do? Clean toilets for the next 5 years until the market has such a lack of pilots that we might get a call from an airline? Face the truth, it's not going to happen.

Until I see a clear post here telling me where I could find a job that is within the frame of "working my way up the ladder" I'm not going to bother answering any stupid comments about this post...

Best Regards
/T

Last edited by Founder; 7th Mar 2006 at 12:14.