PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Funded Type Ratings
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 11:34
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Self Funded Type Ratings

Hello all those fighters out there.

After tearing my hair out in other forums, can someone please enlighten me as to BALPA's response to the growing number of self funded type ratings.

I know its been asked or stated before and I know they are galantly fighting against numerous pension decreases and erosion of various company T & C's but are they tackling this growing problem in conjuction with their ongoing fights. I think the Self Funded Type Ratings issue directly relates to this.

I am not bashing BALPA!!! The reason I ask is this.....

Pilots who are desperate enough to buy a Type Rating, Especially wannabee pilots, are never going to be the types that we can rely on in the future when it comes to trying to up hold or T&C's and pensions with solidarity. They have already proved this by selling us all short and trying to jump the que. If more and more of them do it, BALPA will have less and less say,less and less support as a proportion of the total pilot body and then the members amongst us are totally screwed not to mention all the pilots who fly commercially and want to make a living out of it!

If BALPA isnt doing anything yet, what can I do to help?

Cheers all,

OSOP.