PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 11:19
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple Explanation

If wannabees dont understand why they are hated so much for buying typeratings and screwing the system, I suggest they read the latest BALPA edition of 'THE LOG'. Especially the article called 'The £2 Ticket' and the section on company pensions. They then need to ask themselves, why are they having to buy jobs in the first place.

The reason why pilots are allowed to get self funded type ratings:

1. Companies have to cut costs in this low cost aviation world.

2. Self type rated pilots are too lazy and/or desperate to do the hard work and work up the chain like everyone else. Normally because they have listened to the crap given by training companies, or have not spent their money wisely.

3. Companies take advantage of this. They do it because every new self funded type rated pilot is saying to them "How far would you like me to bend over sir? I have taken yoga so I can go much further!"

What can we (pilots) do about it:

1. Stick together and have a COMMON argument. (Keep our T's & C's where they should be)

2. Dont sell each other out by buying a type rating out right! (Ie. Jumping the long que and giving the company a reason to pay you nothing!)

3. STICK TOGETHER AND HAVE A COMMON ARGUMENT! (See 1. Above)

What can wannabees do about it:

1. Have some self respect and be prepared to work hard and spend their money responsibly.

2. Work their way up the ladder, dont undercut those who are higher up the chain (unfortunately this means putting up with a year or two of rubbish pay)

3. Get to the top the RIGHT way and reap the rewards of excellent T & C's due to the fact that no one is 's tting on their own doorstep' and therefore not giving companies the ability to treat their pilots and c/c with total disrespect!!

Ryanride, you said this......
Thanks for that GGV. Very grateful you took the time to say what you said. I will say one thing it is becoming harder everday to get a job as an airline pilot and the reasons for this are with the Airlines and out of pilots control.5th March 2006 12:12

What the ....??? This is the most incorrect, ignorrant and stupid thing I have heard for a long time. New wannabee pilots are destroying our industry because they are saying to Airlines, "We will do anything to fly for you! We are prepared to fly for less and undercut our colleagues". All they have to do is have the balls, and the patience to say "I want to do this properly!, I am sorry, you will pay me what I am worth, when I have the experience to be worth it"

Its been said before and I will say it again... YOU CANT BUY EXPERIENCE! If you try, then you cant complain when the company shafts you for the privelege!!

Mods, not sure if I can post the paragraph about 'The Log'. If not can you edit it and please leave the rest of the post. Cheers.

Last edited by On speed on profile; 7th Mar 2006 at 12:49.