PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK or not EK this is the problem... and you are not helping!!
Old 7th Mar 2006, 02:14
mckaj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been here for two years and have a lot of mixed feeling about the place and the job.

Dubai:
- It’s a city build on disrespect, double standards and rude racist people. I have never met so many stupid, unintelligent, rude, disrespectful, smelly, lying and cheating people in my long life.
- If you have a nice place to live and good people next door then your spare time can be good as long as you stay away from the roads and any place where you have to stay in line with smelly people and rude Arabs jumping the line.
- Weather is good 8 months out of the year.

The Job:
- it’s a job in an environment with absolutely no moral, joy or team spirit.
- Not enough rest
- The company will do everything they can to push and push and push you to do anything whether its legal or not.
- You feel overworked and unsafe most of the time
- It will make you physically sick in the long run (at least on the Bus). Just call the clinic and ask about health problems for the 340 pilots.

BUT it could be the best place to work if only few things would change to the better i.e. more rest, better bidding system, more support from the management, increase in pay and a pension plan actually benefit you.

cheers