PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC's
Thread: ASIC's
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2006, 01:17
BEACH KING

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just out of interest, how do we get on after the deadline, if our ASIC hasn't shown up.

I applied in October last year for a photo licence and an ASIC at the same time. After about 6 weeks the photo licence turned up, then a refund cheque of $52.00 because I had paid twice for the background checks.

I rang up a couple of weeks ago and was told it was with Qantas (I imagine not to get airfreighted) and should get it soon. Then did the internet thing yesterday after reading Gaunty's post, and so far have not had a response.

So what happens after the deadline if still no ASIC. I fly in the bush predominantly and usually to security controlled airports that have only one or two RPT flights a week, except my home base where we get one a day. Usually only roos or emus about when I land. So who will arrest or shoot us?? Buggered if I am going to stop going where I have to due to no ASIC.

Who are the enforcers???? The Police, DOTARS, Airport Managers, Council reps .. Who do I have to look out for?