PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just a few words of wisdom please
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2006, 22:31
Tonic Please

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps I need to add a little more of the scene. Money I am not able to provide funding to achieve my CPL, Multi and IFR. I simply am not. A loan is not possible for various reasons and I have no credit card (never will). The grandparents are the ones who could help me, but then this will become very complicated. They're of the sort where as much as they try to help me, they treat me as a posession and think they are helping me with indirect nonsense like weekend seminars on life with the perspective of if I do not do things their way, then they are reluctant to help, having no idea on my plans and abilities and desires and passions. Which is sad, but you tell them that.

So I'm pretty much alone in this. That's why I know that once this Masters in French Interpretation is done and I'm earning some quite admirable money, I'll be able to persue my flying, however..I may well maintain my Interpretation career and treat flying as a luxurious expensive hobby. I dont want to say I am using Interpretation as a stepping stone, as it's a very tough career as one might imagine, but as I have said, I'm 21.. Pilots can start careers at 30. That means I'll still have around a decade to play with the Degree and the employment after and then the CPL etc on the side when possible. I don't think I'll run out of time, as I have previously been thinking.

Good to be me eh