PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye FRI
Thread: Bye Bye FRI
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2006, 18:14
mutleyfour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further to my last:
Whilst I will try to make this as objective as possible without it sounding like a whinge, it is after all a whinge.
Earlier today I was presented with a document from PS10 that referred to AAC FRI and specifically its cessation at COP 31st March this year. The one page document referred to this years AFPRB findings as its reason, which after reading over and over I can only find one small reference.
It mentions that the AAC remains short of pilots but this has been addressed by extending the service of NCO pilots beyond IPP.
I am one of those pilots and I feel it necessary to point out a few facts that apply to both myself and probably the other 60 persons whom are in the same boat.
A few years ago I was approached by my desk officer at MCM (the only time he came to me) and was asked to remain on extended service as the Corps would be 67 pilots short at that time. Furthermore it was implied that if I applied for a 5 year period I would be eligible for FRI 2.
You can imagine my rage at the statement shown to me today, in effect blaming my extended service for me not getting the money.
I personally feel that there is something underhand here and maybe in the coming months an announcement about FRI being re-introduced but only for AH crews will appear. But then am I just being cynical?
I would like some legal advice from anyone qualified to comment on the following:
If the AFPRB document of 2005 states FRI will remain for AAC Aircrew until 1st Apr 2007 and AFPRB 2006 doesn’t mention any change, is it legal for PS10 to issue a statement based on AFPRB that it is to be withdrawn by April this year?
I know that there will be the normal comments such as “if you don’t like it” etc but that isn’t going to help me, you or anyone further down the chain is it?
As for me, well I dusted off the CV today and it will be landing on the desks of industry shortly.
In the meantime I am willing to address this matter if it seems I have a case to bring.