PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Home to Duty - Proposed management buy out
Old 6th Mar 2006, 17:32
Hootin an a roarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Here here. It's a no vote for me. I've got 25 years to go - 2 years worth isn't anywhere like enough. If the vote results in a 'NO' , management will be forced to renegotiate - they will not just remove it. "

They may not just remove it now but I can see it going in the future with NEGOTIATION over our next pay deal. I have voted No on principal but expect that the overall result will be a YES due to the fact people not recieving HTD are allowed a vote.

"Why would anyone except those not in receipt of HTD or retiring within 2 years even contemplate voting for a cut in their terms & conditions? OK so the company has to save money, but that doesn't mean it has to come out of your pocket."

Because the more cynical of us can see HTD being lost in the long run anyway. The Union are pushing for a yes so when it is negotiated next pay round I can't see them putting up a huge fight and we'll lose then with no money in our pockets. Sounds to me like you haven't been dumped on by the company yet or are very naive. It will happen and then you can become as p****d off as the rest of us.

"Maybe they can withdraw it at 6 months notice, but if they want to declare war on their greatest asset (their words), then bring it on."

All of us stick together? That'll be the day!