PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK or not EK this is the problem... and you are not helping!!
Old 6th Mar 2006, 15:26
Dale Hardale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I am also not one of the usual 10 or 15.

Dubai has a very shiny outside, but the inside is a sharp contrast. The letter quoted previously is very symptomatic of the reality here.

The questions you are asking seem to indicate that reasonable doubt still exists.

If you value your health and want to retain some semblance of a decent lifestyle, then I would certainly NOT be coming here to Dubai.

The combination of very difficult work circumstances and a society where no social or commercial conscience exists should trigger alarm bells in anyone thinking of moving here.

I would think that commuting is practically impossible. The 777 rosters are about to follow the lead of the airbus into never before seen flying hours per month.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that with ever increasing crew shortages, this will mean over the top work patterns for those that are here and those that make the mistake of joining in the future.

I have never seen so many guys actively pursuing work elsewhere. In the 10 years I have been here, this attitude is something completely new.

Ask yourself why.