PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK or not EK this is the problem... and you are not helping!!
Old 6th Mar 2006, 14:09
furbpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK or not EK this is the problem... and you are not helping!!

I did the interview, I got the call, I signed the contract and I should join soon.
Still I have a couple of weeks to resign from my present employer and some doubts. I have friends working there telling me that they are doing ok but I'm been reading this forum for quite a while now and I see lots of complaints. So where is the truth?
I did realize that the nicknames posting are more or less always the same 10 or 15.
So are you trying to descourage person like me ( not a DEC... just a "old" F/O) from joining or this is just a strategy to obtain something ? Since you complain you are working to much the first would be really stupid .So what?
Somebody told me that may be is not the perfect place but still I have to make the cubic root of what I reed on this forum to get a real picture. Still sometime I don't know who to thrust.
Is there anybody willing to help me honestly to take this decision?
I don't want to find my self bonded and complaining. I have a lot of complaints with my present employer ( this company really sucks!!!) but at least I'm home a not 2500 miles away in desert.
So please can somebody answer honestly the following questions:

1) roster on 777 is acceptable and you are getting enough rest and days off?
2) since I 'm not so far away I would be able sometime to commute home?

This is are my real concerns.I'm not afraid of working but my first priority is my health both phisical and mental, career and money comes second because this would be worthless without the first.I know my self.
Honestly speaking I was very well impressed during the interview It has been a very nice experience.Dubai it self may be is not the best place I have ever seen but I like multiracial environment and beaches.
Anybody willing to help?