PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Training Corps
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2006, 12:45
Circuit Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have kept quiet about the foregoing (have been absent from PPRuNe due to new baby, moving house, etc).

I'm ex-regular (seem to have been in similar position to lumpy jumper!) and try to uphold the standards of the regular RAF. I have been OC of 3 units in all and have maintained contact with the ATC over a period of 34 yrs (including cdt service). Fully agree that there are plenty of oxygen thieves around, but all in all, the Corps survives on the goodwill and efforts of many regular servicemen/women and volunteers. I've not got the time (or the inclination) to enter into the widdling contest that this thread seems to have become.

I would, however, not be motivated to take the cr@p that being in command of an ATC Sqn without a VR(T) commission. This is not because I feel good poncing around in an RAF uniform - it is an indication that we are a part of the parent service and provides us with the structure and responsibilities of QRs and MAFL. If I wished to be a Scout leader, I've have joined them.

End of message, End of broadcast!!