PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway incursion incident at CDG 10/01/06?
Old 6th Mar 2006, 11:54
Johnbr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amigos,

I'm not,in any way,excusing my country's atc,pilots and everybody else involved in aviation for the same difficulties we have with dual language over R/T !!!Sao Paulo area has the most crowded skies in all of Latin America with 3 major airports in it,and YES,it annoys me very much,that almost everybody here elects to speak portuguese in the area.It has nothing to do with CDG,or french,even less with this crap of national pride or identity or culture.Maybe,if we change the topic's name to,lets say,"dual language hazards"we could have some objectivity in this discussion.Dual language ops is dangerous,and I think it is worth the discussion.To be fair to french ATC,they speak very good english,and I wouldn't say the same about some controllers down here,as I've mentioned before in this forum,I've had too many opportunities to help fellow pilots to understand clearences given down here.I firmly believe that the issue here is safety and not winning the argument over french or english or "brazilian",So let's keep our minds open.

P.S. It's been a lot of fun,but still....pointless,hasn't it???