PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Pilot Council Snubs AIPA
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2006, 07:00
longjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How ironic Mr Packer that you are the antithesis of your namesake.

I have said here before that the degradation of the position of Airline pilot is far from over, so far JetStar pilots are so far ahead in the race to the bottom they must be getting very lonely.

Money is not the issue, it is the respect which it commands. Unfortunately that is the way that todays society sees and values you and your profession. That is why people ask what you do, they are judging your status in society and therefore making it easier to judge you themselves.

I have no doubt that Jetstar pilots will comfortably feed their families, but how long before their friends, family etc. start wondering why your standard of living is not higher? When you tell them that pilots don't earn anywhere near what they 'used to' will you also proudly state that you were partly responsible for that so that you could get into a bigger a/c or gain a command in world record time?

Do you think the leprechaun respects you? Ironically, he is looking for his command on the backs of yours.

Do you think Jetstar management respect you? Yes surrrre they will in the morning.

Will the Jetstar pilots stand proud in the bar when regional pilots start complaining that management views their salaries as too high because of the new benchmark set by Jetstar pilots?

When you try to piss off overseas how do you expect to be received in airlines run by ex pats who fought for a certain standard of conditions in that unmentionable year?

Is it the thongs and sarongs began brigade you intend to fearlessly Command whose approval you are so desperately seeking? Find out how much RIO TINTO values a 22 year old crane driver in the Kimberly, yes you will be commanding far less $$$. In fact, find out how much the JFS refueller is getting and have a good think about it.

Do you tell people you work for Jetstar, or the Qantas group, or just go the whole way....? Painting a roo on your tail will simply not do it.

But I suspect you already know that.

Think about it, respect, it is hard to earn but thats why everyone wants it.