PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coastwatch/Surveillance Australia
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2006, 05:47
Slipri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The two year extension that surveillance are currently in was $125 million. It looks like big dollars, but I'm sure if we knew the contract requirements this sum would've been hard to beat realistically without skimping in areas like??? Aircrew Salary!!! Good on them for not requiring reduction in pay on Aircrew!

The capability for the extra capacity of fuel in the 300's would be to get 9 hrs flight time out of a standard crew of four, and on occasions when required to have an extra Captain and Mission Coordinator (6) be able to stay airborne for 12 hrs!

Getting rid of 406's and Islanders will increase the cost of maintenace markedly replacing them with Dash's. I don't think the engineering numbers will change because they all work on the Dash's now as it is.

Training costs big increase, but how else is Cobham going to pay for their required new facilities in Cairns and Darwin? They just lost the Australian Air Express contract!

"So you've noticed the expansion of the average Coastwatch crew member as well huh?" Aerocat2SA. funelweb was talking about 6 to crew the 300's not 4 for the extra long sorties! Not aircrew needing to go on weight watches, although I've noticed that too with some of my friends in Sapl! it must be all the good catering you all get fed ehh?

Those who are interested, should find they can apply somewhere on their websight!

Last edited by Slipri; 6th Mar 2006 at 06:10.