PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Pilot Council Snubs AIPA
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2006, 05:40
J. Packer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetsbest….

Thank you for correcting my error on A330 F/O numbers, 200 was the approximate total I had for A330 mainline pilots, I correct my previous post entry of number 200 to 100.

Excuses and excuses. AIPA may not control the recruiting process but its members do control their vote. They have never instigated a vote against nepotism or contract pilots or management job sweeteners. They have always voted yes to pay increases below the inflation rate, B scales for their fellow members, and a MOU endorsing Jetstar pay rates. Whether voting no would ever have any effect on the company’s actions is no excuse, signing off on an EBA effectively endorses the company’s position. Why have no J* pilots tried the MOU? Because it is a backwards step (we will all be Airbus Captains within 3 years of start-up). And just look at some of the posts here to see some of the types one would be flying with. It is a bit rich to ask J* pilots to learn from your mistakes, when your group has no evidence of having ever done so themselves. And another thing, the sooner you blokes realise that Jetstar pilots are Qantas pilots, the better off you will be (in touch with reality). It is only a matter of (short) time before we have J class seats on all our jets and our tails are painted red and white. And that is all I have to say on this matter.