PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Greeks at EK or QR
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2006, 02:45
alloha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greek-freak
Just to be fair, there have been some serious incidents with OA and Aegean airplanes recently, the OA ATR42 at santorini last year, the OA B727 rwy overrun in thessaloniki a couple of years ago, the Aegean damaging an engine during touch-down on an attempted landing at Rhodos last year in march in heavy southern winds .......
And if you look at the OA accident statistics including props the image changes... you should also take into account how large an airline is and how many passenger-miles it flies ...........
In any case I agree that there are some very good pilots flying around who
manage to operate safely in a very difficult environment.
Moreover, it is always the best pilots leaving Greece because they can not stand the working conditions here.
Just to be fair?well not so fair pal.I am afraid that your memory is weak.Lets have a R/C course. Who won the olympic medal on how do u overun the rwy in EDDL? EK 777 last year.10000ft were not enough for them.How about the AF in montreal?OA had landed 15 minutes ago and managed to stop.AF gave one of the best fireworks ever in Canada.oooo another one is coming.1 month ago LH 320 in LYBE failed to stop ,bad luck i guess but what do u expect from a company which has codeshare routes with A3.How about the BA 734 in the late 80s that blast the fence in MAN with many fatalities.Or should i mention the Turkish 340 in JFK 15 days ago.And last but not least the BA cpt of 747 that has an engine failure after Toff from LAX and continue the flight so that he could declare fuel emergency for landing in MAN.Man u are propably someone pathetic looser who failed to fly with OA.Dont try to compare a 7 year amateur(A3) with a 55 year pro.And the only reason that people are leaving OA is because of the dramatic deduction in their salaries and the lack of willing from the state owner of OA to give a plan for the future.