PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Pilot Council Snubs AIPA
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2006, 02:07
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaah. Now I feel refreshed. Woomeras, with all due respect I think you guys generally do a great (and possibly thankless) job, but that was a little heavy-handed given what I wrote, my (now blemished) record on pprune, and the fact that it was without warning. Feedback from some very reasonable people I know over the last couple of days seems to support this. Also, if the 'banned' html page is going to bandy around legal terms, could someone - admin I guess - please read up on 'slander' and 'libel'. I might as well be accused of the correct offence. Ta. Dutchy's mini-rant over (and no personal offence intended).
On Jetstar, as you may now have guessed, some extraordinary things have been put into print recently. A letter from the JPC chairman. A letter from the AIPA president, and an eye-popping statement from a personal witness to a rather important phone conversation disputing certain written accounts.
Whatever the case, public statements made/written by certain important individuals do not appear to be entirely consistent with the current evidence at hand. I strongly feel that Jetstar International 'negotiations' deserve intense scrutiny, and it is entirely reasonable to intensely criticize some aspects of this affair (and in doing so I must obviously be more careful not to slide into somewhat dry satire). All this argument may be objectionable to some, but there is a strong and understandable feeling that a 'slippery slope' down which commercial aviation conditions of employment may slide, is being carelessly created by certain actions.

Last edited by DutchRoll; 6th Mar 2006 at 02:38.