PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC's
Thread: ASIC's
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2006, 01:45
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TLAW at the risk of sounding like an apologist for the Govt and agencies Creedys throw away;
Early bureaucratic bungling caused widespread delays and confusion.
Last year the Government tried to streamline the process by making CASA a centralised issuing authority.
But it made the decision too late, and Transport Minister Warren Truss was forced to extend the original deadline of December 31.
is written in complete ignorance of the facts and understanding of the complexity and widely dispersed nature of the issue.

Beyond the serial and predictable whinging in the press and their mag the organisation that purports to represent the group most affected, has been conspicuous in their lack of long term proactive engagement in supporting all of the stakeholders, and yes that includes the Govt. and agencies in driving towards an efficient and timely resolution of what will become a permanent part of our transport landscape for the foreseeable future.

Consultation with over 190 diferent airports, 5 or 6 different agencies, a dozen or so airlines, a score of alphabet soup orgs and dealing with and deflecting the usual sabre rattlers and chest beaters is bound to throw up more questions than answers.

NO ONE in Australia has EVER been there before, the learning curve is still asymptotic.

Doesn't matter who, what, where or why, the nutters are always with us and in ever increasing numbers. In my career to date, I have been directly involved as the recipient of two bomb threats, one involving a B707 the other involving a brace of charter aircraft en route to a very large mine opening with the Premier, Cabinet and several Chairmen CEO's of multibillion dollar enterprises on board. Both non religious and both locally generated.

If you think the 9/11 event through, the planning and the choice and use of weapon against a series of Western Icons was a stunning achievement.

It has taught the nutters of the world, in one fell swoop, to think waaayy outside the square.