PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2006, 01:24
Perrierwlime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenny008
hi guys, finally got that long awaited email. got my first interview on the 10th march. one question. i was told to reply the email to confirm my attendance. ive done that already but am i supposed to get a "receipt" or something like that to confirm they have received my confirmation mail?
Hello kenny008! You must be pretty excited when you got that email! I got it 2 weeks ago so I still can remember the feeling. Congratulations dude.
About the confirm your attendance thingy, your concern was mine too. But we all know from this forum is that never never disturb the HR people unless really really necessary. My suggestion, which is what I did, is to bring a hardcopy of the email you sent with you on that day. Just as a backup. Anyway mine went smoothly, my pc of paper wasn't needed at all so I think you can rest assured. Nevertheless, an additional piece of paper won't cost you too much effort to bring.
Remember to wear to wear a tie. Maybe this piece of advice is uncalled for but someone did not wear a tie. The interviewers wear ties so make sure you do.
Get all the papers, original and copies ready. You'll surrender your IC/passport at the pass office so you can't prove your identity thereafter. That's why they asked you to bring your birth cert. So make sure you do. Whatever copies you bring make sure you bring the original. Yes, they'll ask for it.
Last but not least, my self formulated golden words for any interviews >>
Don't brag, don't beg.
Be honest, be truthful. Smile, greet, etc. Standard stuff.

All the best dude. I wonder whether they'll squeeze me and/or you for batch 119 commencing 24th March.