PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Pilot Council Snubs AIPA
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2006, 20:33
Cruis'in FL410

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
To add to that
BankAngle50:
If I see you in the International I hope I can refrain from spitting on you.
Don't put a slur on your fellow QF workers. Heaps of my mates are in QF I'm sure would slap you over the head for a comment like that, act your age. I reakon the variation is a shocking deal, and reflects the contempt that our management has for the bloody hard work we have had to endure since Jetstar's inception. There are still so many unanswered questions, and too much "intent", and "in our best interests" type clauses that, in the past we have been abused with.

As for the arguement of keeping the seniority list intact, the company has shown exactly how it observes the "List". Go down the current list, and find how many F/O's have been "by-passed" due to no fault of their own, except the company mis-managing the list. I am sick of hearing, "don't worry, we will take care of you" crap... (In being by-passed some F/O's have indicated they are already 100,000+ out of pocket)

I would love to get onto the international deal, but not for the conditions in front of me. I voted NO! So just remember this afternoon, when the result is produced and the YES gets up, (thats the feeling around the traps), that there are plenty of us that disagree with this deal, regardless of the outcome. Please don't spit on me, otherwise you will regret the outcome..

Thanks Keg for the advice, and level-headed comments. As "sby" stated, I too rang the APIA number, and left a message over a week ago, with no repsonse. My view, and two cents...

PS: If it settles your mind BankAngle50, I did make it to those high heights of the hold file, only to be told after 10 months of waiting that I was successful in passing, but not competitive enough with others on hold, so no go mate!!!!! Try again in 6 months, but by then I was far far happier on the 7-17 than go through that process again (there are many ways to make some coin than this game)

Last edited by Cruis'in FL410; 5th Mar 2006 at 20:44.