PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2006, 19:46
sportzbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first post so please don't flame me for my comments.

I too am disgusted with the way bmi is going. When will they find direction. I remember when the A330's first arrived and there was talk of 10 A330's coming to Manchester.

Now I know times are hard for all airlines but isn't it about time bmi really decided what airline they want to be?

I have travelled on many bmi services over the past couple of years in my job and can honestly say as a passenger I can see no difference i the service I get from Manchester to Belfast as i get from Manchester to LHR. But hang on! One is a loco and the other is a supposedly full service carrier! What is going on?

When I first became old enough to fly on my own a few years ago I flew several airlines and bmi (British Midland as it was then) was always my favorite. I'm not a pesimistic person, I really am an optomist (excuse the spelling!) I just don't think bmi will be around within 2 years. It will be a shame but that is the way things are going now. I think the only way to go is for Sir RB to come in and take them over. At least then there is a chance that the name will stay around.