PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2006, 09:25
hornet2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey 7120,

ok ill reply in list format as you asked!
Reason for rejection: Purely out of eye sight limits, both eyes have to be 0 0, no astigmatism in either eye.

Mr results at Cranwell in november 2005: I had -0.25 in both eyes in cylindrical axis, not spherical. This was the only problem.

Why Visit other opticians?: To get second opinions, see if cranwell got it wrong. Also having never had anything wrong with eyes until now, I wanted to see if my astigmatism changed.

Did my astigmatism change?: Yes!! November cranwell said -0.25 in both eyes (cyl). December I was told at spec savers I had 0 in left eye, and -0.25 in right eye . January I was told at spec savers again, different optician though, 0 in left eye, and -0.12 in right eye(all cyl again) February it had gone -0.25 left eye and -0.5 right eye. So as you can see no consistency at all!!!

Have I had an RAF medical?: Yep and failed it on eye sight, just cyl astigmatism. They tests they did seem the same as high street opticians. Place lenses in front of the eyes and see if dots on a wall are clearer or blurry with different refractive lenses.

I think that is all you asked!! Hope you can help me!