PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple v PC
Thread: Apple v PC
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2006, 08:06
pendrifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mac or PC?

I've always used Macs working from home - mainly for typesetting and GD plus the usual accounts and household and personal things. My daughter at local sixth form uses PCs at college. She has no problems switching from one to the other, but seems to prefer the Mac. Mr Gates' stuff runs ok on the Mac (much to my annoyance! I am a die-hard Mac fan.)
Interestingly, the college installed a new iMac some months ago, which the IT bod seemed to be completely at sea with, and left it to my daughter to set-up!
It seems that most people who denigrate Macs have never tried one - in my experience those that do, never go back to PCs.
I get quite a bit of ribbing in the local, I'm the only one on a Mac; but it seems I can get in the local when ever I like, as I'm not the one having to worry and fight off virus attacks (That of course may change)
I remember an item on some site, where someone compared the price of a package plus all the extras they required from "a well known PC supplier" which totalled some £50 more than the same Apple bundle!!
It seems to me the old adage " you get what you pay for" applies.