PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apps and W&B spreadsheets for iPhone/Palm/Android/Blackberry
Old 5th Mar 2006, 04:06
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Re the spreadsheets - I've seen quite a few versions for various types, but never had a go at doing one myself, until just now.
Got a program called 'SOT Office' on the computer that's a free Excel clone, and just had a go, ended up being dead set simple to do after a bit of stuffing around (for a Squirrel though, where the fuel CofG stays the same for all fuel weights - might be a bit trickier for something else).
Anyhow, if you get one of those programs, or make one, you can quickly do up a bunch of calculations for the 'extremes' you could expect for your type of operation, and have the relevant ones in your flying bag for when you need them (or when the FOI comes around asking what you do for W&B!).
Knowing which way the CofG goes as fuel is burnt is definitely a good one to have in the back of your mind.
Flying Bull, the spreadsheet bizzo really did end up being easy, once I figured out how to make them little squares add up, multiply etc...