PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2006, 02:57
ryanride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay away, dont expect to be Spoon Fed !

I hope my input to this thread will change the minds of those who expect airlines to pay for type ratings in todays world. As regards a shortage of pilots i think Mr bermudatriangle is right to a certain degree. The shortage comprises mainly of type rated and some experienced pilots only. Why is this so ? Because there are a lot of stubborn pilots out there who are reluctant to pay for a type rating and Airlines are not paying like they used to for type ratings because they lead to higher costs.

Let me give you an example:
Ryanair is a low cost airline. Ryanair will not pay for a type rating on its B737-800 aircraft and i do not see the company every paying for type ratings for its new pilots. The same goes for other low cost operators and traditional airlines. The industry is so Competitive airlines cannot afford to pay for type ratings anymore. Some will pay for a type rating and even sponsorship but you will find yourself on poor wages for at least 5-7 years. Always read the Terms and Conditions in the Contract.

So for those of you who are reluctant to pay for a type rating i will say this: Get out and get your type rating and then you will get a job as a FO with a decent salary to start with. For those of you who just cannot afford to pay for a type rating think of ways to raise the funds to pay! Use your initiative to follow your Dream, dont sit around waiting for something to come up.

vbmenu_register("postmenu_2423932", true); vbmenu_register("postmenu_2423932", true);