PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Airways - A Pleasant Experience
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2006, 00:29
TSR2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excel Airways - A Pleasant Experience

I have been fortunate enough to experience regular air travel during the glory days when flying was a memorable experience. Unfortunately, we all know that in recent years, standards in all aspects of air travel have changed substantially for a wide variety of reasons. A victim of these changes, I believe, has been a reduced level of genuine customer service to the passenger.

Although I have flown with Excel Airways in the past, I have deliberately flown with other carriers over the past two years or so due to certain adverse comments and their overall punctuality record.

So it was with some trepidation that I flew on the 23rd February from MAN to ACE on XLA712V returning on 2nd March on XLA713V.

Both these flights were probably amongst the most pleasant and enjoyable journeys I have experienced in over 40 years of regular air travel and confirmed my belief that good customer service can cost nothing and be a rewarding experience in itself.

Check-in at both MAN and ACE was efficient and totally stress free due mainly to the friendly attitude of the check-in staff.

Similarly, all members of the cabin crew on both flights performed their duties in a professional and efficient manner, and their positive and friendly attitude towards passengers automatically generated positive responses which resulted in a pleasant atmosphere all round.

The flight crew also played their part with detailed on-route flight progress which seems to be becoming a rarity these days, and it was pleasing to see a young female second officer on the outbound flight obviously embarking on a chosen career to which I wish her well.

The Excel Airways staff involved in these two flights are a credit to the industry and I intend to advise the airline accordingly. This is certainly how flying ought to be.