PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light twin pistons OR single turbine??!
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2006, 21:28
dynamite dean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that old chesnut

mmm...well an F16 is single engine gas turbine not so? I wonder wether or not if you had a chap with 2000hrs on an F16 or a guy with 2000 on an apache at an interview- oh of course the apache has two motors, there was a chap he flew autopilot VFR the same destination say in day out without a hiccup because his aircraft is well maintained and He/she can carry four passengers wow! I am sure he wins the day in front of the panel of interviewers.

Where as the poor old F16 pilot can go up and down and around very fast, unfortunatley his flying is single pilot IFR , no pax carried on this model so he must have less responsibilyt and those destinations are all over world..but he didn't impress at the interview...why dam it he thought with a sigh...he wished he had more twin time!

Well how about that for a true story! Of course it isn't (or not that I know of), and so to compare the twin piston to a single turbine depends in what sense you have been operating it flying single pilot IFR is Single pilot IFR whatever your flying. However saying one in more important than the other well that is a matter of subjectivity. After reading 'open cockpit over Africa' I would love nothing more than a twin to fly in! so never say one is more desirable than the other each has it's own merits and drawbacks of course - don't compare.