PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2006, 17:18
Jet2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedtapeking

That's exactly the point. No pilot in the world agrees with paying for a type rating ... it's absurd! I'd go on hunger strike, march to 10 Downing St etc etc to protest with all of you but I too was offered the same as you have been and I was on a ticking time bomb with the bank and IR renewal looming etc. For the record I was in the holding pool for another 737 operator (but with no firm date of employment and others ahead of me in the queue) and had replies to my letters from every TP operator in the UK saying they had no vacancies. Small matter too is that I also have a house/mortgage. There I am, in room being offered a jet job. As for being a "rich kid" the bank was willing to loan me the extra to secure the job on the basis of further risking my house as security. Without doubt there is someone next in line wishing that I say no. For me I had no choice.

I don't like it, I don't agree with it but under the circumstances I also don't regret it. Instead of individuals making protests and suffering for it I believe it's high time the unions like BALPA get involved.