PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stamped & Signed logbook entries
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2006, 14:33
alatnariver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem you are facing now. I was very lazy for years and logged my flighttime only in a small shirt-pocket-size logbook, mine was blue instead of red .

Regarding verification that the flighttime is true and correct I provided a letter of the flight operation depertment of all my previous employers showing the flighttime I logged while flying for them. This letter was stamped and signed by the chief pilot or some one who was in charge of the record keeping. In most cases this was accepted by the airlines or local authorities.

Remember in most parts of the world the authorities love stamps and signatures, and some get more than excited if you provide a round stamp (onnce I had to provide a sick leave certificate while on vacation in my home country and the airline didn't accept it because there was no "round" seal like stamp on it. Thank's god a bit of stampink on a coin did its work ).

Back to the topic, I would ask the agency or airlines you are dealing with, if they and their authority would be happy with such a letter. And for the future start collecting stamps and signatures and stamps and signature...

Have fun