PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Pilot Council Snubs AIPA
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2006, 10:48
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Douglas Mcdonnell
Keg, its quaint theory that others want to keep on working to spite mainline pilots....
DM
Sorry DM, you don't get away with distorting my comments so cheaply. Nice journo trick though....use a comment that i did make (spite) and attach it to something I never said 'keep on working'! It's a shame you can't stick to the actual merits of the comments instead of going for the cheap shot. Still, par for the course from you so far.

Read my lips again. You can have 100/100 commands on this new thing (you'll have close to this anyway because I can't see 7/20 mainline drivers taking up the crappy offer) but YOUR position is articulated very clearly in your post at 17:41. Let me sum up.

1. You'll say 'yes' because AIPA or mainline has never offered any help. Incorrect and see my previous post.
2. You'll say 'yes' because if you don't, you'll be isolated. Incorrect, you'll still have jobs (earning $150K plus according to Rick) on the A320. You'll still have a bloody good chance of getting a better deal.
3. You'll say 'yes' because otherwise, F/Os won't get progression. Short sighted because they can have that anyway into mainline if they want (on much better conditions than in J*) and the 'progression' they get in J* will be at significant expense of family and life in general.

So, when you use that logic and then attack me on what you think was my stance in '89, that absolutely IS spite.

Oh, and as to '89. I was learning to fly at Camden whilst working a permanent night shift as a security guard at the Regent Hotel in Sydney. I started with QF in '95. I was one of the people that approached the AIPA president in 2001 and put forward the position that AIPA should be looking after all QF group pilots. I've just finished eight and a half years on the 767 on conditions where the COM at the time (before I was employed) just said 'take the domestic flying and we'll sort out the conditions later'. Myself and many of my colleagues paid for that lack of foresight for a bunch of years. All we're trying to do now is to open your eyes to the same issue- if the terms and conditions aren't great now then expect a very hard road to get them improved.

You can use many things to justify your decision for a 'yes' vote DM, but based on the position you've articulated and the lack of ability to listen to some people who have been screwed over by short sightedness, your decision to vote yes is either spite and/or stupidity. You choose.